Sunday, June 24, 2007

Well, there should be at least 1 post in June

Hey guys! I'm hoping to re-inspire the tendency to post here--I liked hearing from you guys regularly, and you all suck about calling (except for mom :) ). Anyway, that is not to say that I have a whole heck of a lot to say. Everything's going very well up here, I'm working ~30 hrs/week at ListenUp and my hours are about to go up dramatically, probably into overtime. That's because there are 4 people, including me, who can do my job: I was hired to replace Bethany who is leaving in less than a week; Patti, the lady who hired me, recently resigned and will be officially gone (though still on part-time, unofficially, until someone can replace her as office manager) on July 3; then there's Angie, who is only working 1 day a week during the summer. Therefore, I'll probably be working open to close 5-6 days a week. I'm happy about that. I hope I don't get burned out, but it'll be nice to be making money. Plus, I'm allowed to dink around on the internet, read, or whatever else when there's nothing else to do.

Yesterday, Branden, Joe, Sarah and I went to the Renaissance Festival. I always love going there. It's always retardedly hot, but I wore sunscreen and sufficiently skimpy clothes and coped. I love all the goofy costumes, the skits, and all the vendors. It really makes me want to start creating again--most of the vendors are independant artisans: potters, sculptors, jewelry makers, sewers/designers... When I'm there, it doesn't seem to be beyond the realm of possibility.

While I was there, however, something really weird happened to my most recent injection site, on my thigh. A vaguely bird-shaped mark appeared, the same color as a sunburn, and after we got in the car and were driving home and I was in an AC'd environment, I could tell it was raised up higher than the rest of my skin. It was also tender to the touch. Other than that, pretty unremarkable--though it's still here. I put some aloe vera on it.

Other than that, I've been symptom-free! Go me!!

Okay, I think that's all I have to say. Love you all! Post more!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Okay...I'm trying to post a comment after an unsuccessful earlier attempt. YEA!!Back on the blog...well done, sis.
Summer's in full swing here in the sweltering southwest. Dad and I pedaled to Hermosa and a bit beyond yesterday. We were positively salt encrusted at the conclusion. 2 hours. Must go earlier next time. (12-2pm)
Cody's moving this week.Good luck!!
Everybody write and call me all the time!!! Lovelovelove m.