Friday, October 26, 2007

HAPPY HALLOWE'EN

Hi y'all-
TGIF! Just got home from work. Thought I'd self-aggravate by attempting to blog. Gorgeous weather...my favorite season by far. I keep forgetting the skating rink is open cuz it's 60 degrees out. Not ready to go indoors yet, but I may hit the ice next week. I have logged lotsa miles in the cemetery of late. Herds and herds of deer still.

They must know,and have spread the word to their kin: No hunting allowed in the graveyard.! I almost have to push 'em outta my way to wade thru 'em. Other wildlife sightings...masses of wild turkeys (calm yourself, Noah. Not that kind of W.T.) enroute to Pagosa yesterday. And on the return this am, a Fox dashed out in front of my car.

I've always wanted a fox stole--such a bargain!


Okay...what are the halloween plans? I'm ashamed to say that we didn't even display "old boney" this time around. There's still time; I may yet dig out the musty, moldy manifestations of the undead used to entice wee tots to our door.


On Sunday, the 28th, Dad and I are going to a fundraising dinner (for the local MS chapter)at Cosmopolitan (used to be Sari's). Rod, Vita, Dennis & Anna also bought tix at $80 per person to attend the 6 course feast/costume party. I forgot to tell 'em it was masquerade....oops. I told the organizers that we'd attend as long as we could get frequent updates (or a TV, even better)on the 4th- and possibly, last- world series game. I think we have a coupla old baseball unies around here. Maybe we'll wear those.


We have a bet on w/Uncle Rick and A. Susie. They are Boston Red Sox fans (boooooo). We win...we get lobsters, they get Colorado beef steaks if they win. It's the phone calls and messages left that are the most fun of the whole thing. Uncle Rick's humor is so dry...you think for a minute that he's serious...really funny.


I have pics to post, but I don't know how. I took 'em in the cemetery. The giant elk has only one antler now. Did we know that? I'll send it to your emails.


I don't know the dif between email and IM? If A & B are on the comp at the same time and A sends B an email right then, and A sees it and answers right away...is that it? Troy, feel free to jump in here....


We are meeting Noah in C. Sprgs next wk end for the Army vs.... somebody , oops..(Airforce ??) game. And the next wk end, Da & I are going to La Jolla, CA for a few days...him, for a conference....me, for an adventure. That's real close to the fires in San Diego, so let's hope they're cooled down. Not to mention..for the people who actually live there!! La Jolla is pronounced "La Hoya". Why don't "they" just spell it "Hoya"? Bunch of fancy pants.


Had lunch w/Phyllis yesterday. That's a great connection for a free place to stay (not you, Troy) in Italy. We had a nice visit. She purportedly LOVED the body butter, E&B. I told her to order it for everybody she knows for christmas, so we'll see. They need a short "hi guys" from you, Code, w/a query as to contacts in CA. Happy to send them she said.


Phew! That's all for now. We're going to the George Clooney "Michael Clayton" tonight. Hope this posts....I Love You All Madly m. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

2 comments:

Elly said...

Ma-- Instant Messaging and email are different. Though they are similar in a lot of ways.

Instant messaging is like, if you were sitting looking at an email YOU HAD JUST WRITTEN, looking at the words you typed and everything, and then when the person responded, their words appeared underneath your words without having to open a new window, or "receive" an email, or anything. It's dynamic, constantly updating. It's kinda hard to explain, too...

troy said...

ditto Elly... however, if you are on a train leaving Chicago at 80mph...