Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Guess It's Time!


Hey Kids!

It's 18 degrees today, which is balmy compared to the past couple of weeks. Now everybody talks about the cold of the Midwest, but so far, this is the coldest winter in quite some time. It's a bully sort of cold . . . you walk outside and the cold starts smacking you around, and then it takes your milk money. Trick's on you wintercold . . . that money wasn't destined for milk at all! I've decided (passive aggressively) to fight the bitter coldness by putting on a layer of blubber. Like the polar bears of the north, I've hollowed my hair, and I've aligned my chi to push all my body fat into a special layer just under the epidermis.

Which segues to the digression: I've been too lazy for the past few weeks. I've been living up to half of my last post-reading like a fiend, but I've been pretty lax about the body. Today, today.

In the meantime, it's been relatively boring up here in the north. Next week, I start shooting on the next indy film. We've had a few rehearsals, and I'm looking forward to this challenge. Last week was consumed with a shoot for H&R Block. It still amazes me how much money goes into the most ridiculous things. It was a smooth shoot . . . the only challenge was working with 4yr old Issac. He was a cute kid, and pretty well-behaved, but during one of the shots, he was talking about a photo shoot for Borders, and I found myself consumed with professional jealousy . . . aimed squarely at a 4 year old. Oh well. I took comfort in the fact that I am WAY taller than he is.

So, the spring is filling up with Caveman Shows:
New Years Eve, Jan 18-20, and 25-27 in St. Charles, IL
Jan 14 & 15 in Key West FL
Feb 8 & 9 in Grand Rapids, MN
Feb 15 & 16th in Redwing, MN
Feb 22 & 23 in Colorado Springs!!!!
March 7 & 8 in Pittsburg, PA

And More to come. It's still not enough for comfort, but it's finally moving in the right direction! We've got another conference call tomorrow, and it sounds like there's big news to discuss.

I also sent an email to the Saints regarding next summer, but I haven't heard back from them. Hmm. . . I'm trying to not be nervous about that, but I hope to hear something soon.

Hope everyone is doing well. I can't wait to see everybody! Just a couple of weeks now. Love, and Talk to you soon!

No comments: