Saturday, August 22, 2009

Only an Eighteen Month Hiatus!

The Hollywood Sign has a terrifying pre-recorded announcement keeping you away if you get too close!
Elly, Cody, and Noah at the San Diego Zoo!
Hello Family et. al.

Well, I've been wanting to Blog for a while, and I keep putting it off for no good reason . . . so I'm going to try and get better about it. It's been just over 5 months since moving into our apartment, and things are going well. First, some things I've seen from our front window:

A crazy person taking a dump on the sidewalk (day 1)
A fire raging on the hill across the street (amazing and terrifying to see palm trees burning!)
A bomb squad investigation (laterally in front of our apartment-a jerry-rigged car bomb-we were evacuated, but no boom!)
Michael Jackson's funeral procession (actually had to walk to the end of the block for that one)
The Miracle of Life (a birds nest out of our bedroom window)

Bomb Threats aside, this has been a great apartment so far. We're close to a busy street, but the car noise has become less bothersome (read: more tolerated), and the occasional band practice downstairs can be a nuisance, but the space is wonderful. Elly and Branden (and friends) were our first guests, which was wonderful, and next weekend, the Lane Ladies are spending a night or two.

I've been auditioning like mad, and have booked a few small things . . . more details to come. I've also been consuming biographies, both auto and non . . . most recently finishing Montgomery Clift, and moving on to Eliza Kazan. The weather here is constantly awesome, and I've put a lot of miles on the bike. This coming Monday, I start my third session with the Groundlings, and have very much enjoyed classes there. Monday's a busy one . . . Filming a viral video (where I get to dress up as a caveman-complete with facial prosthetics) starting at 3 in the morning, then an audition for a short film, then Groundlings class, then a commercial audition, then bootcamp in the pm. That's the way life seems to go . . . Nothing for days, then EVERYTHING on one day.

Well, we're off to a BBQ in Santa Monica this evening, so I'm signing out. I'm going to make an effort to give more regular and in-depth updates here though.

Love to all, and can't wait to see you again!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Trying the bloggeroo comment option--again. Good to hear/see from you Code. And everybody's so busy, it's a great way to keep-up, yes?! I sent you all emails re Inglorious Basterds
last night cuz blog wouldn't let me blog, the blob. See if this works....
Love You All