Sunday, October 25, 2009

Grand Forks, ND

Forgot my camera all day. . . bummer

So, to the best of my reccolection, this is my first time ever in North Dakota. As I've been led to believe, our states are united (save two), and I've been to a great number of them, and now I get to check one more off the list.

Tonight was great. The past several months (and perhaps, the immediate future) have been a great challenge. The sheer size of the Los Angeles market is terrifying. I always have the feeling that success (as currently defined) is always around the corner, but I always feel like I'm on the wrong block. It's mind taffy. A mind-fuck, if you will. Being an actor was never such a job . . .

Anyhoo. Standing Ovation here in Grand Forks, ND. About half an hour from the Canadian border, and across the river from Minnesota. Tonight reminded me that not only do people need to be entertained, but I can be one of the many to entertain them.

I thought that it might be too late in the season, but lo and behold, I was able to witness some of the beautiful foliage in the Red River Basin on a letterboxing adventure today before the show (ended up being a 10-mile walk!), and had some great conversations with locals to boot.

It's strange, this life . . . all last week (between the Chicago trip and yesteray-leaving for this show), I had auditions . . . trying to prove to folks that I had what it takes to sell something or BE something or whatever, and then a night like tonight where seven hundred people stand up and applaud what I'm doing . . . it's just a nice reminder.

Anyhoo, it's late here. Just wanted to put this out. Love you all, and talk to you soon!

No comments: