Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Dia de los muertos!


Awesome to hear from everyone . . . As I write this, we're spread out over 4 states. Spreading the word!
So, let's see . . . Babies! After my caveman show in North Dakota, I spent a few days in Minneapolis, which is populated by babies. I got to see quite a bit of Nate and Karen's bundle of joy, Isla (pronounced Eye-Lah), which was great. Nate's folks were in town visiting as well, as was my former roommate Laurel. It was nice to get back to Minneapolis for a minute, but with winter knocking at the door out there, I'm happy not to be there right now!


I got back in town just in time for Halloween. Our apartment was appropriately decorated, but as luck would have it, I booked a job that shot on Halloween day, and Tanya had to work that night, so I stayed in on all Hallows Eve. We did make it out the following day for the Dia de los Muertos celebration. It was pretty cool to see all the altars and so many people dressed as skeletons! I've always been a fan of that holiday, and it was cool to be able to participate . . .

Yesterday, I had my 60th audition here in LA . . . ironically, for the Minnesota State Lottery. As with the 59 before it, it was awesome, and I'm fully expecting to book the job! On that end . . . I just got put "on avail" for a commercial for Scottrade. Being "on avail" is the final step before officially booking the gig. There's still a small chance that I won't get it, but there's a great chance that I will. Keep your fingers crossed . . . this would be my first paid gig out here!

Next Monday, our new library branch opens up . . . right around the corner. Perhaps not the most exciting news in the world, but I'm still looking forward to it!

Love you guys, and talk to you soon!


No comments: