Thursday, September 13, 2007

What A Week It's Been!

Sweet. I've got some new wheels. With winter knocking on the door, my new bike arrived yesterday! Me Gusto Mucho! Thanks guys.

So, I've been busy for the past ten days or so! Finished shooting the Comcast commercial.It was a pretty smooth shoot, and I was mostly happy with what I brought to the table. It's going to start just in the Twin Cities market, and may or may not expand from there. We'll see.

After the shoot, the Schroder wedding weekend began! It was a really nice weekend in Northern Minnesota . . . up in the land of no cell reception, homebrew, and old friends. This was the largest gathering of old CSU commrads in quite some time!

The ceremony was, of course, beautiful. Second best wedding I've been to this year. Karen's brother Steve perfomed the ceremony, and concluded it by saying, "by the power vested to me from some on-line church in California . . . " Nate had brewed something like 10 batches of Homebrew, along with a couple of batches of delecious Mead, and his Parents had brewed several cases of both red and white wines . . . and in the intrest of Homebrewing everything, I led an arts-and-crafts afternoon where all of Nate's friends made "Schroeder Beards".
These came in handy during the reception. In between all the festivities, there was much enjoying nature . . . hiking, rock-skipping into lake Superior, camp-fire buning, and of course, Sasquach-sighting . . . There were other sightings, but I believe that this was the most conclusive proof.

The highlight of the reception was a rather spontanious pie-eating contest, where my summer announcing for the Saints (finally) paid off. Just for the record . . . this picture was taken at the end of the 90-second contest, and you'll notice our good friend Scott Mowery is still enjoying his pie.Our winner, Scott Walsh (on the Left) put on quite a display.

I got home Monday, and spent the day shuttling friends to the airport and bus Stations. Troy spent another couple of days in Minny, which was great. I tell you, that guy took to a Segway like a fish to water!

So, all things considered, the past month or so has been great. Getting to spend good quality time with both friends and family has been wonderful for me. A reminder to Simplify . . . simplify. I've got some more adventures coming up soon, but for now, I've got a pretty laid-back weekend in front of me! Love you guys, and I hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a word of thanks again from a fish on a Segway