Thursday, September 10, 2009

Like sand through an hourglass . . .

Elly . . . you are a machine. Keep up the good work. It's so nice to get your updates! I'm thrilled to hear about Brandon's success . . . with health care reform dominating the news, it's an exciting time for technology in that industry!

The fiercing and roaring cat adventures are exciting too. Question: when your mighty hunter brings you a mousegerbil, how do you prepare it? Do you serve mousegerbil with a white or red wine? Perhaps smeared with a bit of pesto?

Bummer to hear about Marge and the committee. Having moved so many times over the past decade, I haven't really ever gotten to know a neighborhood like the one at home, and our neighbors across the street have always, well . . . been there. Dad-way to honor the passing of a bit of history that will never be studied . . . a kind and fitting tribute to a neighborhood footnote. With any luck, one of the new neighbors will take up the charge of overzealous christmas decorating. And of course, as with all things, the final chapter of the Crestview Committee opens the door for a new group of neighborhood tribal elders. Who in the area is brave enough to take up the banner? To boldly sit as both judge and jury over the opinions of the goings-on of a mountain town community? Hmm . . .

Things mostly quieted down since my last post. I was able to hit at least one audition a day last week, but the well has dried a bit this week. I have booked a couple of more student projects. I sure wish landing a commercial was as easy as landing these student gigs. Again, I'm trying to build up my reel . . . it's a calling card out here. I've got some good stuff on it right now, but I'm always looking for more options. Hence, the student films. Of the last two, one is a thriller, the other, a spoof comedy. Despite my years defending cavemen, I still need some good comedy on my reel. By the end of the month, I will have shot 6 "shorts" so far. One of them is complete, but seeing as how most of them are also projects for school, I should have the footage for most of them by the end of the semester (the new year?)

It's cooled off a bit here in Cali, and the ever-present mushroom cloud from the station fire has all but died off. Football season begins today (I know you've been counting down the days Elly!), and so I'm planning on taking the next five or six months off. More to come soon!

Love

No comments: