Monday, September 7, 2009

Pesto,Pesto,Pesto

Hi fambly--Anybody have any basil recipes? Out of freezer space and I'm told it doesn't dry well. We are loving it!! And hopefully our co-workers do too because we reek of garlic 24/7 and have green herbs stuck in our teeth. We're having problems being taken seriously....????

So, while I was admiring an absolutely picture-perfect spider web attached to our house, an enormous, hairy, orange striped arachnid sidled into view (frothing at the pincers). I got an old, stubby, long-handled broom---it was at gutter height--and smashed that beast like I was hitting it out of the park. Vaporized. An exact replica of the web now spans the underside of the deck around the pine tree. Fair enough...and far enough. This one I will simply observe.

Skating rink scheduled to open Oct. 1st. Hopefully my "private" sessions will remain under the radar so I can continue my training at supersonic speeds. The beauty of self-delusion....I ordered a new sharpening stone off the internet (!). I"m pretty sure it'll make me go even faster.

Soliciting blockbuster home delivery suggestions. Finished 5 seasons of "The Wire". "Mad Men" has a very long wait. Frost/Nixon and Body of Lies were good.

Thanks for resurrecting the blog and writing on it. We love and miss you guys. That's an understatement. xoxoxoxo Peace-Out

1 comment:

Elly said...

Hey, what shmoe told you basil doesn't dry well? Basil dries GREAT! That's what you get when you buy basil from the spice aisle--dried, crumbled basil. Smaller, but even more potent than the "real" thing. Also, you can put fresh basil in anything you'd put dried basil in--spaghetti sauce, stir-fries, rice... it's a spice, and if you like it, put it in everything! Eggs, ice cream... the usual. ;) Anyway, rock on, 'rents. *hugs*