Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fun Pet Adventure

Hey there Fambly! Lots of fun adventures are happening everywhere--Mom and Pops are painting the house and then OFF to Utica, Noah and Cici are emmigrating, and Cody's auditioning non-stop. I myself have the world's smallest adventures.

On Saturday we had an event for pet owners, a "pet parade" with a pet/owner look-alike contest and other such nonsense. A photographer came to take official portraits of pets and their owners. I was working, but my co-worker Laurie was super-nice and allowed me to run out for about an hour to get my picture taken with the kitties.

Branden and I carried Squish and Tayler over to the community center. As soon as we started heading down the stairs into the quagmire of dogs, they started up the yowl machines, but were otherwise very well-behaved. They were the only cats in attendance and a whole bunch of people came up and petted the crap out of them, which confused them a little bit ("What? I'm trying to be upset over here but this feels sooooo gooooood"), and then the photographer's room was large and free from any other animals, so they were able to prowl around a little bit and get their bearings. We had several pictures taken, and the cats were surprisingly cooperative, and then we took them home--and even they seemed sort of exhilerated by the experience. They both went outside, hung out in the living room, and snuggled with us that night, so they seemed to not have any lingering anger (which they usually express by hiding under beds and glaring at us).

Anyway, here are the pictures we had taken, and I think they turned out very well:
The Pictures
Username: horizons
Password: myportraits

Then, on Sunday, Branden and I went to Elitch's, then spontaneously caught a movie. After that, we went over to Joe and Sarah's to roleplay. Fun times were had by all.

Monday, I got a haircut, and it's super-cute. Branden picked up some new shoes on Pearl, and we took a walk around down there. The rest of the day was very relaxing and good, with reading, movies, video games.

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten out to work out at all since last Monday. I actually made that decision, but I'm getting back on the horse tomorrow morning. My joints are getting all squeaky.

Okay, love you guys!

4 comments:

Mom said...

You guys are true fun-seekers! Love it! Couldn't get to the pics, tho...undoubtedly my mistake. Love you guys-- xoxoxoxoxo

Codeface said...

Those pictures are adorable. Brandon and his three cats . . .

Elly said...

Heehee! Cody, this was something I forgot to mention in the post itself--we went to Elitch's, went on the Twister (the big, scary, wooden roller coaster), and in the car we sat in, on the cushion in front of us, someone had written "Cody" in your exact handwriting. Was that a relic of Codies past?

Mom said...

Awwwww....so cute. And Elly & Branden
aren't bad either! xoxoxo