Saturday, February 17, 2007

Contact

Yes yes, I'm still alive. First off, I'm sorry for being AWOL for so long. It's a long story, but suffice to say I'm back! I don't have time to read all the new posts right now (have to be at work in 20 mins), but I'll give you guys an update on my affairs real quick. I had a work meeting this morning at 9am. It was cooler than I expected it to be, and I told my manager that I was interested in serving eventually. Her reaction led me to believe that she saw the potential in me, so hopefully I took my first step towards becoming a waiter! The show on thursday was awesome. We had a good turnout, rocked the house, and got paid (albeit only $15-20 apiece). I'm starting to feel like a real musician with all this action lately. My classes are very cool, I'm excited about school for the first time in a while. I've been talking to my music business professor after almost every class and absorbing his insight. I gave him the mixtape and our demo and he loves both of them and is more than willing to offer guidance to me as far as booking shows, etc. I'm going to be booking our summer shows ASAP, and I'll keep you guys posted on that.
Dad, I believe I'm doing a show in durango on your birthday!! Well, it's either going to be the 9th or the 10th, I'm still waiting to hear from the promoter. Do wack rhymes count as birthday presents? Other than that, I have A show on March 2nd AND 3rd, both well-promoted gigs at reputable venues. Hmmm......what else? Oh yeah, Skep is moving out here in mere WEEKS!! I'm very excited and very nervous. That reminds me, I need to talk to you (mom & dad) about something.....Can I borrow the Tahoe for the weekend of march 24th-25th? I am planning on driving down to vegas and helping skep move his stuff up here. He doesn't have much stuff at all, and would rather not pay exorbitant rates for a moving truck. So.........we'll discuss that. Anyways, there is much more going on, but I have to go! That's okay though, the most important thing is that the eagle has landed, the cows have come home, and teddy ruxpin has returned to blog again. Love you guys!

No comments: