Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Big dumb-head

Hello everyone, posting sooner than I anticipated. Funny story, that. (NOT)

Well, things are going fine here, nothing much to report. As I commented to Cody's last post, I've been hitting the gym 2-3 times per week and I can definitely tell a difference. I have a paper due in Political Parties and Pressure Groups tomorrow, but I emailed my teacher to get an extention so that I can prepare for the tests I have to take this week. >_< She was really cool about it, and is letting me turn it in next week.

Other news...Mom and Dad know this story: on Monday I got an e-mail from CU Denver saying that they got my application, minus my portfolio. I was freaking out, because they said that they'd received everything else, including the stuff I mailed in the same envelope as my portfolio. This story has a happy ending, though...I called them after my physical therapy appointment (after a good hour, hour and a half of panicking) and told them the situation. The lady said that she maybe hadn't checked the mail yet, and did that right there while I was on the phone. Sure enough, she hadn't, and it was right there, so yay. Turns out that the things I sent in the same envelope (my application fee and the Statement of Purpose) were a confusion: you know how I had to write two essays which were essentially the same? Well, turns out that the one on the application counts as the statement of purpose; I didn't have to do the other one. She must just have assumed that she'd received my app fee. I shouldn't have paid them. >_<

I heard from John (Boo's son) about her website. He's not incredibly coherent and I wish I could talk to her about it, but we've got the show on the road for her website.

So, my not-so-funny story: Yesterday, when I got home from school, I took a nap that was supposed to be a half hour to an hour, but lasted about 3-4 hours instead. Whoops. Then, last night, after my shot, I started getting a headache. So, I took 1 IBuprofin and 1 Tylenol PM to help me sleep. I woke up this morning feeling like a zombie again, and managed to walk out the door without my backpack, and didn't realize I didn't have it until I was in the parking lot. I went back to get it and was zooming towards the bus stop. I saw the bus coming, so I started running (I can do that now, yay!!). The bus pulled up and I didn't see anyone at the stop, and the doors were closed, but the bus stopped so I thought they saw me. I kept running and was about 20 feet from the bus when it pulled away. >_< CURSES!!! So I'm taking the 9:25 bus and will probably be about 5 minutes late to my class. What a bummer.

Anyway, love to everyone! <3

2 comments:

E-bone said...

Well, I went out there and waited for 15 minutes, some before and some after the bus was supposed to arrive. No bus. I think it's a sign.

Codeface said...

I'll bet that if I added up all the minutes I've spent waiting for a bus or a train, I've probably spent 3 years of my life waiting!

Glad to hear about the gym! You must be working hard to keep up with school and take care of all the other things! Love you Girl!