Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Superbowl?

I thought that Rex meant "King".

King of Interceptions, perhaps.

Well, it was mostly a good game at least. After that opening kick and subsequent return, I made the mistake of letting my hopes get up a bit. Ah well, we had a fun party none-the-less. Our house has basically no heat. It's an old house with plenty of tiny breaches in the hull, combined with a less-than-comfortable heating system, so it's not what you would call "comfortable". As I blog this, I'm wearing layers fit for a jaunt around the block in Colorado. So, combine the old house with -20 degree weather, and you come up with an area that most people (given the choice) would avoid. Yet Several brave souls came out to help cheer the Bears on to their loss.

The food was tremendous-both in quantity and quality. We had Chicago-style hotdogs (boiled in beer, of course), sausage wraps (provided by cullinary-student Skylar), fried pickles (fried on-site for freshness by Nate and Karen), a variety of cheese dips, and plenty of other heart-stopping deliciousness. And we re-arranged the living room into a movie-theatre-style viewing area. So plenty of fun was had.


Then, the rat-finks had their way.

Ah, I'm over it. I worked out my frustration with an intense gym visit on Monday. I'm planning a slightly less intense visit to the Y today, because tonight is the final game of the Grim Sweepers. At this point in the season, we're 3-1, with our only loss coming as a forfit on opening day (we were 2 people short at gametime!). I predict another smooth victory for the sweeps. There is a playoff next week, but sadly, I'll be making folks laugh in Washington, and won't be able to share in what will surely be a sweet Icebowl victory. The final game for the Bad News Brooms is this Thursday, and we've had a suprising season with that innagural team as well, also going 3-1 thus far.

So, it's a matter of surviving the Cold out here right now. I do that by going outside and running around on the ice. Hopefully, I'll get some broomball pics to post on here at some point, but the cold weather depletes my camera's battery so fast that it's been difficult to get any good ones.

Good luck on the High Seas everyone! Keep your Rudders true to the Dog Star, and Steer clear of Pirates!

1 comment:

Mom said...

good luck w/the final b-ball. Man, you have got some bone chilling temps going right now. I've got Minne weather on my home page (is that the right word?). Reminds me of skating the Nationals there. Always below zero. Black ice...AARRRGGGHHH.....