Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Presenting the Grim Sweepers!


Here we are, in all our glory . . . the Grim Sweepers. We had our final game of the regular season on Tuesday night, where we recorded our first actual loss. Sad. Book ends-We started the season with a forfeit loss (you need 8 to play, and at gametime we only had 6), but we went on in that game to score 7 goals while allowing none. Incidently, I scored our first goal of the season in that game, and our last goal of the season in our final game. My only 2 goals this winter.

It was a hard-fought battle last night, and the bad guys scored the go-ahead goal in the final 5 minutes to seal the deal with a 3-2 score. It was pretty weird . . . the sweepers were pretty used to dominating, so to lose was strange. I think that in 10 games, we'd probably end up 5-5 with that team.

From here, the Grim Sweepers look for tournament victories in a 20-team brackett starting next week, and I wish them luck as I head in the direction of Puget Sound. It's great to work and all, but I'd love to play in this tournament. Oh well.

I've got one final game tomorrow night with the Bad News Brooms . . . picture to come shortly. It's been a fun season full of mostly high points, and (so far) no serious ice-related injuries. Hope you all are well. Love.

2 comments:

Codeface said...

Two things I forgot to mention regarding the picture:
1: My lime-green jersey is under my jacket.
2: Helmets are for suckers.

Mom said...

and i bet YOU wear NO SHIRT under YOUR lime green jersey....aaarrrggghh