Friday, February 16, 2007

WHEW!

Okay, so I've been absent for a while. There's a good reason for that. Only one. My Grad School Application.

I kinda thought that after I finished it and submitted it, I'd get on here and have a lot to say. Well, I don't. But I'll talk anyway.

So, for my grad school application, there were three things I had to do which were really work-intensive. 1, my portfolio. 2, my statement of purpose (essay). 3, my description of plans (essay). The portfolio was fun to put together. I took pictures/had my friend Shad take pictures of my artwork, got 8x10 prints of them at Target, and glued them to 8.5x11 black construction paper w/ a little title/medium/dimensions placard underneath, and put them into the portfolio sheaths. I also edited and printed out an old story of mine as an example of creative writing, and an essay I did last semester for an example of analytical writing. It ended up being 18 pages long, where it was supposed to be 6-12. I hope they don't look down on going over the limit 0o

Anyway, I finished it for good the day before it was due...in Denver. So, I borrowed Shad's car after I finished my workout, around 1:30, and 1. went home, printed out the final copies of the story/essay, checked over the portfolio to make sure it looked good. Wrote a $50 check for application fee. Wrote down the mailing address at CU Denver. 2. Went to the grocery store for mailers (and some groceries). In the parking lot I spent a good 5 minutes struggling to make the key turn in the ignition (the car is sometimes finicky like that). Finally got it started. 3. Went back home for all the things I forgot. 4. Went to the post office and got express postage for my package. I included my statement of purpose, check, portfolio, and a self-addressed envelope. I got the express postage just fine, but I accidentally printed out postage to Denver instead of to Boulder for my return envelope. No big deal, the lady told me to cut off the bar code and write in my own address on the postage itself. Problem solved (I hope). Then I mailed it. Yay! It got in on time. 5. Went back and picked up Shad from work. By this time it's dumping snow and the roads are ice rinks. Drive home, Shad stays for a little bit and then goes home.

So, that was my portfolio. The actual application (with accompanying essay) was due the next day (today), and I'd hardly started writing the second essay...but I was so relieved at having mailed my portfolio that I couldn't focus on it. I wrote it out this morning, typed it up, got it looked over by my former composition professor, Branden and Carlie, and then submitted it. GRAD SCHOOL APP DONE!!!! *victory music*

Then tonight I wrote a paper about The First Part of King Henry IV (1H4) by Shakespeare. Whee, fun. Well, it's out of the way.

I'm in negotiations with Ben Martinez and Stephanie Williams (two DIFFERENT photographers) about possibly getting a more acceptable price. Ben considers himself a web designer (though I tell ya, he'd never get hired at, say, Brainstorm) so he won't be taking me up on my offer to work his website for a discount, but I pitched the same proposal to Stephanie Williams, saying things like "please let me know if you're at all interested in this" and "I'd be delighted if we could work something out"...I think I was pretty low-pressure.

No bad reaction whatsoever to beginning the full dose of Rebif. Yay!

Oh yeah, and also, a couple of weeks ago Noah called and said he was gonna come up and hang out with me, do homework, get me to look at his hard drive, etc. That was a Tuesday. Then he said he'd probably do it the following Thursday. That was the last I heard of him... I bet he's alive, right?

Anyway...yeah. Not much more to say. Didn't work out today because of the essay, but back in tomorrow. Love yas! <3

1 comment:

Codeface said...

Wow Girl, that's momentous! Congradulations . . . I know that was a bear! Looks like you can spend the next couple of months kicking back, drinking mai-tai's and getting stoned!
Love you!