Monday, February 19, 2007

Minny's still cold


After spending the past 10 days in the greater Northwest in 40-50 degree weather, I returned to a frozen minneapolis. Oh-it's warmer than it has been, but 15 degrees is still cold!

It was a successful tour of duty out there. The shows all went really well, but we didn't get the turnout that we ultimately wanted. I posted last time that the theatre had a weird vibe to it . . . that vibe never really left. We're planning on returning to the area in September, but I believe that they've found a different theatre. I think that's a good idea. Everette is populated by boeing employees and the Navy. Not to take anything away from the place, but we didn't get the reception there that we were hoping for. I can tell you this-everyone who came to the show had a great time!

Like I said earlier, Jim Weiner and Issac Lamb were at one of the shows. It's easy to get off into your own world with this show, and it was nice to get some feedback from a couple of guys who are as familiar with the show as I am. Not out-and-out "Notes", but rather just some feedback. It helped me shore up my performance a bit.

I didn't do too much for the remainder of my trip. Made it back down to Seattle for a day and caught a late lunch with Spider. That was pretty cool. Sometimes, I tend to forget these people, or blend these folks together. I couldn't remember if he was an old Skating guy, or from law school, or what. So, I got caught up on a bit of family history. It was a pretty cool experience, plus-he said he might be able to make it out for Elly's wedding. Something about a trip to Colorado Springs around the same time.


Elly's wedding. Wow. Each day brings us closer and closer. I'm going to have to start making plans pretty soon! Let me know what I need to do.

So, I'm back in Minny now, and I'm taking today to get back in the swing of things. Take care of some of the "business" that piled up. Then, I've got to decide what I'm going to do for the next several months. I applied to a combined audition for summer stock theatres in NYC, and I should hear weather or not I've got an audition spot within the next week. That would be great . . . I've got enough miles on a couple of airlines to get a free or cheap flight, so it could be a fairly inexpensive trip. Regardless, I might have to look into getting some sort of job soon. Or maybe there's another commercial right around the corner?


Love you guys!

1 comment:

E-bone said...

Yeah, about the wedding--you're the entertainment, right? Do you have your clown suit yet? ;) J/K. Ill let you know. I really don't quite know myself... *hugs* Talk to you soon!