Thursday, January 4, 2007

Hello all you shnibs out in blogville. This is my maiden voyage to your planet. The return to full time employment has been a bit rocky, but gradually I'm getting resigned to it. It has actually been nice to see the people I work with, most of awhom I like very well. Jay the cake-man sends his regards to Elly- feel free to email him. The dreary slog of the citizens through divorce court continues unabated, punctuated by moments of grace. The untold story of divorce court is that it is publically defined by its exceptions. The jerks get all the attention, while most people work through it keeping their children foremost in their minds, putting aside their heartaches as best they can. In those ways they are heroes, but sad ones at best. I try to let them know that those efforts are worthwhile- some hear it, some don't. Anyway, mom and I went over to Steve Brittain's house for dinner on Tuesday night- it helped us not dwell on our empty house. We're in the second night alone here- no problem, we're doing fine. I got an email from U Ken today- aphoto of Kelly and Dustin in their hospital room. Kelly's water broke at 1 this afternoon, so the baby should be due at any time- keep all fingers crossed for them. Of course this triggered a long conversation by mom and I reliving each of your births- easily the three most exciting days of our lives. I guarantee you that playing in the NFL is nothing compared to what they're going through tonight. Noah is performing tonioght in Denver with Melvin- our thoughts are with you dude, we know you'll knock'em dead. Mom has developed a sleeping disorder- awake from 3 am on- 15 or 20 years of psychiatric treatment should clear everything up. Mom says hi- too pooped to blog tonight. It was so great having you all home together- I look forward to the next time. Talk and blog soon- LOVE, dad

No comments: