Friday, January 5, 2007

Report Card

Strike Two . . .

This CAR situation I've gotten myself into is a pain in the ass. Maybe, just maybe, I'll learn some lesson in this about better money management. Historically speaking, however, that's a long shot. I spent an hour yesterday talking to a loan officer in Anoka (a northern suburb) yesterday, and things were looking pretty good. Then I got a call from her today saying that because I don't Live, Work, or Worship in Anoka, I wasn't elegible to "team up with them." I responded by saying I'd Worship their office of something could be worked out, but I don't think she saw the humor.

Or maybe it was just a bad joke.

So, I talked today with a different company, and the ball is rolling again. I'm expecting to hear back from them Monday afternoon. Stupid Weekends, ruining my schwerve. So, this weekend I'm going to try not to think/worry about it. Being carless has helped a bit with health, though. For the past 3 days since returning, I've walked downtown to the YMCA for workouts. It's a little over two miles door-to-door (uphill both ways through snow to my armpits), and the walks have been nice. The weather has been mild, so we'll see what happens when it starts getting super frigid.

The mild weather has already screwed up broomball, however. I'm on 2 teams this year, and this was supposed to be our first week. Appearantly, the city thinks it's "not safe" to play on lakes that aren't "completely frozen". Cowards. I guess there's a cold front heading this way, so hopefully we'll be swinging the sticks next week!

I had an audition this morning (through Moore-my agency) that I felt really good about. Who knows . . . It's for a live event for a Restraunt Conference in Vegas at the end of February. Keep your fingers crossed. It would be nice, because we're probably bringing Scott out there for his 40th (!) Birthday party . . . the same week at this potential gig. Nothing wrong with a free plane ticket!

Tonight, Sky's making some delicious Asian dinner (great green globs . . . ), and I'm bottling beer! I'm expecting great things from this one . . . it's a repeat of a recipie that I concocted earlier, with a few changes. The beer has been aging in the glass carboy (next to the buckets) for over a month now, and should be delicious.




Hope everyone's doing great. First weekend of the New Year! Love-

No comments: