Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Nimrod's Travels

Hey Folks . . .

So, for the past couple of days, I've found myself shamefully avoiding the blog because of that nagging "I have nothing to report" excuse. And, while that may be true, I've decided to push through anyhoo. So here goes.

Broomball season is in full swing (literally). As far as league sports go-it's a pretty short season. Four or five weeks. I'm on two and a half teams, and last week was an endurance test. Game on Tuesday (we lost due to a forfit-but scored 8 goals to their 0 in the subsiquent "practice"), game on Thursday (Debut game of the "Bad News Brooms", featuring Skylar and Scotty-ended in a 3-1 loss), Game on Saturday (The Grim Sweepers were victorious in an epic 1-0 battle royale!), game on Sunday (Not sure of the team name . . . I was brought in as a ringer, and helped them to a 2-2 tie), and I'm prepping for the next Grim Sweepers game tonight! So far, we haven't had any substitutes for any of these games, so it's been a great workout. The teams are a lot of fun-they're all co-ed with a wide range of talent, so the games are usually pretty laid-back and fun. What with the travels I have coming up, I'm going to have to miss several games, so I'm trying to get as much ice time in as possible. And Speaking of Travel:

I'm off on Thursday for Milwaukee. Two shows (Friday and Saturday) at the Pabst Theatre. I love it when I get to perform in a venue once graced by the Rolling Stones. It should be a blast. I'm flying from Minnesota to Milwaukee, then on Sunday, I'm either taking a bus or the train to Chicago for a couple of days to meet Olivia . . . check out first-hand to see if she passes the test. Then, I'm flying back out of O'hare on Tuesday. The company is covering the flights, so it should work out just fine.

After the Milwaukee/Chicago trip, I'm back in Minny for just over a week (and 5 more broomball games), and then it's off to Everette Washington for ten days. It looks like a lovely little town-about a half-hour north of Seattle. Over the 10 days, I'm doing 6 shows, so I'll have some free time to check out the Pacific Northwest. Maybe they'll let me harpoon a whale?

So, then I'm back in Minny on the 19th or so . . . home for about a week again, and then it's off to Vegas for a couple of days for Scott's 40th(!) Birthday. It's nice to be working again . . . getting paychecks and whatnot . . . and it's nice to know exactally where that moola is going to be blown! $500 on Double Black on the Roulette Table!

So, there's an overview on my upcomming month of travel. I'll get some broomball pics up here soon, and I'll be giving updates about the places I visit.

Elly-great to hear you've been hitting the gym! I've been getting in with suprising frequency myself. If you really want to freak people out, give yourself your shot while your at the gym. Then hit the weights like some sort of Barbarian. If anybody looks at you sideways, take a bite out of a puppy! Yeah . . . that'll show them! Hope all is well, and I look forward to hearing updates!!

peace

1 comment:

Mom said...

Great to hear from you. Love the BB report.Happy travels!