Tuesday, January 16, 2007

You think our Chimney's Hot? . .

Bummer about the Slammer. But, pretty cool that we have been in the presence of a combustion-controlling device known as a "slammer". The cool points nearly equal the dollar amount . . . nearly. We'll always have the Kiva. Not quite as convienent as the slammer, but probably just as legal.

Well, I'm back from Baton Rouge. It was a great trip. That was the deepest into the dirty south that I've ever been, and it's a different world down there. Both the Manship Theatre and my hotel were downtown, and like the downtowns of most cities I've experienced, it was pretty dead over the weekend. Dead like, there were only two places that I could find to eat at outside of the Hilton (and within walking distance). The Capital Grill provided delicious delights, though somewhat pricey, and Poor Boy Lloyds provided deliciouser delights at rock-bottom prices. I ate more delicious fried bayou food over the past four days than I could shake a crawfish at. Mmm. . . It's true what they say about Southern cookin'!

Due to press and unexpected technichal hold-ups, I didn't get to explore as much as I wanted to, but I did get to see a bit of the city. I got over to LSU to eat a couple of times. And I saw both the old and new State Capitols. Here's the old, castle-like capitol . . . the one where what's-his-name who ruled this town was shot. (The History is eluding me right now.)



The shows kicked ass. Lot of folks starved for entertainment down there . . . it was pretty obvious pretty fast how the folks in that area were still reeling from Katrina (whoever she is?) Well, I've mismanaged my time, and I've got to take off for the first broomball game of the season tonight (finally). I'll get back here soon. Just for the record, and in the spirit of comradare, I've decided to start my new injection routine today as well. . .

Love you guys, and talk to you soon!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Right-O....let the games begin!!